Welcome to Lotus thai Massage!
I am super excited to share this wonderful treatment with you. So here is the low down of what goes down in your first appointment and some after care thoughts.
Before a Treatment
- Please arrive 5 minutes early to fill out a short but very important Client Health Profile.
- Wear comfortable clothing to be stretched in. This would be: loose or fitted yoga or lounge wear, t-shirt or long sleeve…please no buttons, zippers etc… I also have Thai pants available for you as well as t-shirts should you need. You may change upon your arrival.
- Please arrive with an empty stomach. I move you around a bit and with any massage it is best received when your body is not working on digesting lunch!
- Be ready to relax after your treatment. Some people rush off to work or run errands. Of course you do what feels right for you, but giving your body time to assimilate a treatment is a nice gift to your self.
- Scent is used in the room for aromatherapy. Please notify me if you need the room and or oil to be unscented.
After a Treatment:
- Water, Water, Water..I can’t stress this enough. Hydrating is invaluable to any kind of massage recovery. You may want to up your water intake by a couple of glasses for the next 24 hours. This will help with the natural detoxing effects of the massage.
- Like I said above…Relax…I know this is contrary to our fast pace culture. It is essential that we make time for ourselves, to allow our bodies the peace that insures the long term energy and vitality we all desire. So, try to book your appointments when you might have some time to chill afterward.
- Epsom salt baths are a wonderful way to extend the benefits of any bodywork. Naturally easing the muscles that have just been worked in a massage as well as bringing down inflammation in the body…plus it just feels so good!
Should you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email me at email@example.com or 250-505-3932